Sunday, March 8, 2009

please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times!

I will try to describe the situation to the best of my high school education. Myself, Tyden and Jaxon on and elevator. Tyden holding on to my left hand Jaxon to my right. Waiting for doors to open on the elevator. Both of their hands that were not holding mine were on the elevator doors. Doors open, hands stay on doors, hands go into slots where the doors go. 2 children start screaming. Doors jam because hands are now keeping them from opening any more. Mom, that's me, starts frantically pulling on her children's arms to free them. Tyden's hand finally comes out, still screaming. Jaxon's hand is stuck. Other people watching this scene unfold run to help. Large man pulls the elevator door away from Jaxons hand. Hand come free, kids still screaming. Thankfully there was no blood and no broken fingers. Just 2 scared little boys and one bewildered mom. Both at the same time, freaking crazy!

8 comments:

Alison said...

OH MY!!!!! I am impressed that you didn't just curl up on the floor of the elevator and join in the wailing!!!!

Angie said...

That sounds like something my kids would have done. Now I know I haven't seen everything! (I'm sorry you had to go through it! :P)

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh, Claire!
That is crazy! I am so glad that they are ok, but I know it probably took a lot longer for you to get back to "OK" after that! This job is not easy!

Anonymous said...

sorry i was not around to help with the pulling.

tash said...

Oh my gosh I would have been so freaked out if I was the Mom. Wow, I'm glad everyone was ok. - Sausha

themanuesfamily said...

OH MY GOSH! Poor babies AND poor Claire! That is awful! Glad they are ok!

Wendlelyn said...

Claire that's CRAZY!!! I'm so glad they are both ok. I would have been freaking out.

Mashell Lungren said...

I'm sorry if this is insensitive but I am laughing sooo hard right now. I can barely see what I am typing! I can just see the whole thing play out so vividly. Thanks for sharing!