Monday, February 22, 2010

Giant turtles and helicopters

We went to the zoo a few days ago and the tortoises were right by the edge of their enclosure. The zoo keeper was there and said that the boys could pet the tortoises. It was really neat, they were very gentle and almost leaned into your hand like a cat would. Not at all what I ever thought.
This past Saturday Loren was volunteering at a San Diego wide scout jamboree up at our church building. During the jamboree 2 helicopters landed in the softball fields. Loren called us as soon as they were in sight and we jumper in the car and raced up to the church just in time to see them land. It was so loud and seriously windy. I have never seen a helicopter land so close. When all was quiet and the scouts had their turn we took the boys in for a closer look. I think I would be very claustrophobic in one of those. Especially the one that Tiny and Jax are sitting in front of. It was a rescue one and man was it compact. The sheriffs heli was huge, one of the bigger ones I have seen. Maybe they are all that big they just look small because I am looking at them from the ground while they are flying in the sky, who knows. Anyways the boys thought they were pretty cool!




I love the red juice stained faces.

Man Brigg, you are strong!


2 comments:

5 ibarras said...

super fun! and i too, love the juice stained faces :)

Nikki said...

My friend just posted on her FB about going to the zoo and seeing the Galapagos tortoises... and learning about the facts of life. nice, huh?