ROCKS!
Tyden and rocks have a great relationship. Tyden has enjoyed their company from the moment he could move around outside on his own. He would eat dirt and rocks all the time and then wash it down by licking water from a puddle. When he was 2 1/2 he held a rock in his hand and drug his hand all the way around our neighbors car in ABQ. Our neighbors Mustang has original Tyden pin stripping. He was nice enough not to worry about it. You might recall last summer Tyden dropping a rock on his foot. I often find rocks in the house colored nicely by Tyden.
I love my Tyden, he is one of a kind.
Last night at Brigg's tball game Tyden and rocks got into some trouble. Tyden was throwing rocks down a hill, where someones brand new Ford Flex was sitting helplessly. I have to say that this person had parked illegally and kids often throw rocks down this hill. With that being said, my child still did something wrong. He also had a accomplice this time, Jax. All in all there were 5 dings in her paint. 3 admitted by Tyden and 2 by Jaxon. Tyden apologized to the lady and then Loren drug both of the boys home by their ears.
I was fuming the entire rest of the game, mad at my children and ticked at this lady for making such a big deal. My opinion is cars are meant to be driven. When cars are driven they are loved by other rocks that might get flicked up by other cars. In parking lots they could get dinged by other car doors. If you want your car to stay pristine then leave at home under a blanket in your garage and hope your house doesn't catch on fire. I know my kids did something wrong, but I know they did not have evil intentions.
When the game was over another poor little girl was also caught throwing rocks down the same hill and hit the same Ford Flex. I thought that was funny.
I was fuming and irritated all night. After the kids went to bed I grabbed a hand full of Oreos and sat in the tub. I am still irritated, more with myself for being so upset with my kids. After all, no one was hurt and it is just money, that I don't have, but just the same. I need to get over it. I think I will be finishing that bag of Oreos, I don't even like Oreos.
5 comments:
some people are not happy unless they are complaining!! don't let it get to you...kids will be kids and yours are no different than anyone else's. in fact, i think they're pretty great! enjoy those oreos :)
I would have called the cops to turn her in for her illegal parking. I'm mad for you. I'll eat a few oreos too. (I do like them though.) :D
Just after we got our van (new) it was parked on the street. Cause Jason's NEW grrrrr... truck took priority for the driveway. Well, late on a saturday afternoon we had a knock on the door. A teenage boy had not been paying attention on his bike (his chain slipped off and he waslooking down)......Well he totally smashed is handle bars into my hood. Not just scratches, but deep gouges. I thought he was going to poop his pants. I thought Jason was going to kill him. But instead Jason said that is took a lot of courage to come to the door and tell us seeing no one saw it. He said mistakes happen and to be careful next time. It would have been a much different story if it had been his truck :)
Kids will be kids. And idiots will always be IDIOTS! :)
well good for you, cause I would have eaten more than a handful!
oh claire, i miss you!
Post a Comment