Church was wonderful! There were some great talks on mother's. One of the talks was from Ben Read and he talked about his Mother's. Yes I said mother's. When he was 3 his mom died while giving birth to the 5th child. One year later his dad married his aunt, his mom's sister Kim. Kim is a great friend of mine and she told me this a long time ago, but it is interesting when you hear about it from one of the kids. Ben was worried that he would now have a wicked step mom instead of a loving aunt. All of his worries were silly of course, because Kim does not have a mean bone in her body. I think the situation could not have been any better, those kids got a new mom who already knew them and loved them. Ben said that it does not matter if it is your birth mom or your aunt, a mother is someone who loves and takes care of you.
After Ben spoke the primary kids sang 2 songs. It warmed my heart to see 2 of my kiddos go up and sing. Tyden was standing at the very end of the line and next to him were two kids who were being extra silly. I thought for sure Tyden would be distracted and start playing with them, but he was so focused. He moved his mouth and every now and then he would remember what word went were. I was so pleased to see him try so hard...
proud mommy moment.
The rest of the day consisted of wrestling on the tramp, a movie, UNO, dinner with Bruce and Emily. We always end our Sunday evenings by watching America's Funniest Videos, there is no greater noise than my kids laughing.
Brigg did something yesterday that blew my mind. While we were playing UNO Jaxon received a draw two. Normally this is no big deal, my boys love to play this game. This time he was discouraged and did not want any more cards. ( he only had 2 left) Brigg quickly told Jaxon to play his draw two, which in turn would make Brigg have to draw 4. Tears instantly filled my eyes. For one moment he thought about someone else and how he could make them happy...
proud mommy moment.
Jaxon did not fall asleep right away and he came out and curled up on my lap. He told me he was not tired and I caved and let him stay up with me for a little bit. (I am a stickler about bed time=my time) He is such a cuddle bug, and thankfully he is still light enough for that to be comfortable. Jax has the sweetest smelling little boy sweat. He doesn't quite stink yet like his brothers at the end of the day. If I could bottle that smell. After a while he said he was ready for bed so I scooped him up and took him to his room and gave him one last kiss. I turned around at his door...
proud mommy moment.
7 comments:
I loved reading your blog post. Today was one of those hard days of being a mom and as I sat here and read your post I remembered how great it really is to be a mother and also remind me that it could be worse, my husband could be away for 2 months! You're an awesome example of a loving mom. Happy Mothers Day
Having the kids sing, "The Armies of Helaman" or whatever that song is really called, for Mother's Day was genius. I did particularly notice Tyden doing his best to sing along. Cute, cute, cute.
What is Loren doing and where is he for two months? Is this a normal part of his training? (Radiology residents all go to Washington, DC for six weeks for special training. Is it like that?) Are you going to be able to come to the Primary get-together on Friday? Do you need a babysitter? I can send Keiler down to watch the boys. He's actually great with kids, and he'd do it at no cost to you. Call or email me, okay?
You are a hero mother in my eyes! I'm so glad you had those proud mommy moments. Those are some of the best gifts! What a sweet post! Hope you had a great day and all the best while you are flying solo for the next 2 months. Hero mother, hero wife...you're the best! Love ya!
So sweet.
I smell my little one's heads all the time. Love that cute little scent. Nothing like it. :)
Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! - Sausha
Claire you're such a good mom. That must be really tough having Loren gone for so long. I love how you put everything into perspective. Love your butt!
Reading your blog made me cry. My proud mommy moment...
Post a Comment