For some reason this year, "to believe" or "not to believe" was a very common topic. People said that if they taught their kids about Santa then they would forget the real meaning of Christmas. Here is what I would like to say about that...
The Monday before Christmas I gave the lesson for family home evening. This was my lesson.
Pretty soon we might have a special guest visit our house. You never know! I'm going to give you some clues that describe this person and you guess who it is.
He sees you when your sleeping, He knows when your awake, He knows if you've been bad or good.
He has a beard and a kind face.
He spent his life giving to others.
He's often pictures in red or white clothes.
He loves little children.
He gives the very best gifts.
You never see Him, but you can feel Him.
He gives us a wonderful, special warm feeling.
He can get into our homes even if the door is locked.
He has special, wonderful powers.
We want to give gifts back to him, but he doesn't need anything money can buy. He just wants us to give to others.
He encourages us to be good so we will be ready when he comes.
Now, I asked the boys not to say anything until I was done with all of the clues, ha ha yah right. They mostly knew early on that I was talking about our Savior Jesus Christ, not Santa.
We are not perfect, but I do believe you can both teach your kids the true meaning of Christmas and let them believe in the magic of Santa Claus.
One of the neatest moments this Christmas season was listening to Great Grandma Spencer tell the story "The six brown eggs."






No comments:
Post a Comment