Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Montreal

Loren was invited to a conference in Montreal and asked me to go with him. I don't usually go with him because the kids are in school and it is not easy to find someone to take over. Since school was out, I drove the kids over to Mesa to be with the Spencer's and hopped on a plane to meat my Hub in Canada. It has been a while since we have had a get away and it was much needed! We got in about nine in the evening and got settled in our room then headed out to find some dinner. Coming from Alamogordo where most of the restaurants close about nine I was surprised to see that the streets were still alive and kicking.
Despite Loren being in lectures most of the day we were still able to enjoy some quality time together. Lot's of good food and enjoyable sights to see. We even made it to the temple. While were out one night the skies opened up and started pouring on the city. The streets were lined with people eating and walking outside. But in a matter of moments they were completely empty. We ducked in a little shop and bought ourselves a nifty umbrella and headed back out towards our hotel.
I have decided that I am going to try harder to sneak away on these trips with him, it was wonderful!



1 comment:

kara said...

Glad you got some together time you look amazing!Seems to be a romantic city.