My Dad has turned an old dead tree into one of the coolest backyard toys ever! He cut off all of the branches, scraped off the bark and stained the entire thing. He added a few more hand holds, a secure line to climb and a bell at the top for your bragging pleasure.
It was a highlight of the trip for the boys. Brigg and Tyden successfully made it to the top. Brigg has some pretty decent climbing skills if I do say so myself!
It was a highlight of the trip for the boys. Brigg and Tyden successfully made it to the top. Brigg has some pretty decent climbing skills if I do say so myself!

He would always find a different way to climb up, and he always thought about his next move. I think I need to find him some climbing class or something, he really liked it!Jaxon just thought it was cool to be harnessed up like the big kids. He could not quite get where to move his body next. So he only went as high as someone could reach to help him place his feet.
Tyden's shadow is the coolest, he would smile the entire time he was climbing. I swear you can see it in the shadow. He would chatter to himself and talk and sing, like he wasn't even paying attention to what he was doing. Before we new it he was ringing the bell!


This is my Mom, CHECK HER OUT!!!
We had some fun contests to see who could climb the tree the fastest. I may be the only girl in my family, but I can still hang with my brothers.

My dad wanted to take the grand boys to climb some real rock, so we went to the Black cliffs one morning. I had to give it a shot, but I have gone all mushy and lost my nerve. 2 of my nephews were able to climb higher than me.
3 comments:
You forgot to tell everyone that your youngest brother climbed the tree the fastest! Eat that ya slimes! ;-)> xoxo
WOW! way cool! i can totally see tyden's smile in his shadow :)
That is so stinkin' sweet! What a great idea. How fun! Oh and Tom, she let you win. It's part of being a nice older sister. Sorry. lol
Post a Comment