Ok, so it wasn't really take your kids to work day, but I had plans so Loren was in charge. Loren had to get some cadaver legs and check them in for a cadaver lab. So he took the boys with him. He picks up a box of legs from the leg store(I don't Know) Then he has to check them in at the giant fridge in the lab. It is a secure area so the security guard helped Loren take the kids down and helped the boys put on some rubber gloves. The guard was completely shocked that Loren would show his kids this kind of stuff or even have them with him. He grossed out and bolted for the door as Loren was opening the box. Tyden and Jaxon were only interested in the gloves so they were not really paying attention. Brigg got to see and touch the legs. (he is a leg man I guess) For some reason our boys are not grossed out by this kindof stuff. Brigg, especially. He loves looking at pictures of surgeries and injuries.
The boys were commenting on how cold it was in the lab so Loren said he would take them into the giant walk in freezer. Thankfully he saw the dead body before the kids did and quickly closed the door. They were disapointed but settled for a happy meal from McDonalds instead.
The boys were commenting on how cold it was in the lab so Loren said he would take them into the giant walk in freezer. Thankfully he saw the dead body before the kids did and quickly closed the door. They were disapointed but settled for a happy meal from McDonalds instead.
6 comments:
I can think of a couple of girls at my house that would have nightmares for weeks if they saw such a leg.
Good for your boys... and Loren!
They really must have been ok if they ate after - funny boys.
I may have nightmares for weeks, and I was not even there.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
What a cool dad. I thought visiting my dad's work was cool but it doesn't hold a candle to that.
That is so cool. I can see Brigg's 1st grade teacher thinking he is just a 'story-teller' when he announces he's seen legs that were not attached to a body! That will be a fun one to explain.
Post a Comment