Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Grandma & Grandpa Idaho


We were lucky enough to have my parents here for Thanksgiving week. This is the second year in a row they have come, I know I am spoiled. I can only explain this by saying that I am the only child that lives in a super desirable, sunny place where there is no snow to be found and shorts are an option all year round.
My kids love having Gma and Gpa around, and so do I! We had fun showing them more of the city. I must say that our favorite was going to La jolla shores. We took a bbq and fired up some hot dogs. The ones that the seagulls left for us to eat were great! The gulls were crazy food stealing machines that day. My dad and boys built a sandcastle which they enjoyed for about 1 picture and then it was destroyed in seconds.
Thanksgiving was a great day! Of course it was filled with lots of good food, great friends, and some wicked UNO playing. Brigg learned how to play and I think we made his year letting him play a big person game. His grin was ear to ear.
Friday morning my Mom and I ventured out to Target at o' dark thirty for some Christmas shopping. Next time I will read the map of the store a little better, but it was still a success.
Then I blinked and it was time for them to go home. My brothers and I surprised my parents with a night at the Venetian in Las Vegas. So we sent them out the door with a card and directions to the hotel, plus instructions of not opening the card until Vegas. My Mom made it 30 minutes into the drive before she opened the card, not bad Mom. My Dad also surprised my mom with tickets to Phantom at the Venetian.
I am glad that they were able to relax after a stay with our crazy, go all day crew.
Love to you Mom and Dad.

5 comments:

Alli Blue said...

What a great gift for your parents!

tash said...

Looks like you had a GREAT Thanksgiving.

5 ibarras said...

so fun! i totally miss la jolla shores...can't wait to come back...miss you!

The Halls said...

How fun! I loved meeting your Mom when you were in ABQ...So glad they came to see you.

Natalie Page said...

Our Grandma and Grandpa Idaho are coming this week for New Year's. I'm really looking forward to it. Great San Diego pics.