My parents came for Thanksgiving again this year. They got here late Saturday night. Sunday they came to church with us then the rest of the day was spent lounging around. Monday I took my Dad and Brigg to the Midway in the morning. My dad always wanted to go on the Midway when he comes here, but it never worked out before. So we wanted him to have some more time to enjoy it. Mom, Jax and I joined them in the afternoon. Tyden did not want to go because the last time he went he said he got an earache from wearing the headphones. When we first got on the ship I was a little uneasy, I am extremely claustrophobic. Brigg and Jaxon had fun showing me all of the things they remember from when the went with Loren's parents. That night we got a sitter and went to Olive Garden for dinner. Tuesday we went to La Jolla shores and had hot dogs for lunch. We never even stepped foot on the beach. The boys played on the playground and we sat under a blanket and watched the kayaks flip over. After dinner my mom and I escaped and did a little shopping. Wednesday we went to IKEA for breakfast then we went to the Mormon Battalion visitor center. That night Loren and I took advantage of my parents and went out for our 10th anniversary.
Every time we were at home my dad was outside fixing bikes. So we did a few bikes rides together.
On Thanksgiving we decided not to do a turkey, it was so great! We went on a family bike ride to Mission Trails Dam. I love bike rides, the weather was beautiful that day. We had a great dinner of chicken cordon blue, stuffing, mashed potatoes, caeser salad, crescent rolls and pumpkin pie. Very simple, so we actually enjoyed the day instead of cooking.
Before we knew it it was Friday morning and they were getting ready to leave. The usually hugs and kisses good bye, my mom and I try not to cry, then they are gone.
Until next time, I love you!

Friday we took the kids and Codee back to Mission trails and hiked around. I can't believe we have been here for 2 years and have never been there before. It was fun and we even saw a snake, YUCK. Codee did not even notice it, she almost stepped on it.
Saturday we ventured out to Santee and watched Tangled and Megamind at the drive in movie. It was chilly and it even stared raining during the second movie, but we had tons of fun snuggling up with our blankets.
We finished out the fabulous week giving Codee a special bath because she might not have noticed a snake on the hike, but she did notice the skunk in the backyard. And the skunk noticed her too!


Friday we took the kids and Codee back to Mission trails and hiked around. I can't believe we have been here for 2 years and have never been there before. It was fun and we even saw a snake, YUCK. Codee did not even notice it, she almost stepped on it.Saturday we ventured out to Santee and watched Tangled and Megamind at the drive in movie. It was chilly and it even stared raining during the second movie, but we had tons of fun snuggling up with our blankets.
We finished out the fabulous week giving Codee a special bath because she might not have noticed a snake on the hike, but she did notice the skunk in the backyard. And the skunk noticed her too!
1 comment:
I like your new family picture you guys are a good lookin bunch. You are such a great mom. Codee is lucky you love her so much I am impressed you tackled the smell so well :) a lesser woman would have locked her outside.
Post a Comment