Sunday, March 16, 2008

What a week!!!

I must admit this was a very emotional week. The match was this past Tuesday and we were all expecting a match with a residency program in Michigan. So we were very stressed when it was not so. So Loren began to scramble, which means applying to all of the programs that still had spots open. On Friday Loren heard from the Scripps program in San Diego. They wanted to interview him, so away he went on a quick drive. Late Saturday night they called him and said they wanted him. This program is one of the top programs in the nation.
It was a very stressfull week and I felt completely helpless as a wife. Loren has worked so hard and I couldn't be more proud of him. San Diego will be a very interesting experience. We joke that we will either be living in a double wide or a tent on the beach but atleast we will be together.
So now we will pack up and go to Mesa and live with Loren's parents until the middle of June when we will journey to a new home in San Diego.

5 comments:

Byron and Jana said...

That's crazy! We kept thinking we would hear from you guys on Tuesday, but it was always late at night when my brain slowed down to think and then it was too late to call. San Diego it is, then! Sounds nice, even if you do have to live in a tent on the beach! Just be sure to clean the sand out of the kids' ears every couple of days! Maybe living by the beach will get us to actually come visit!! Anyways, we are also so proud of Loren and you too for being such a trooper with everything. All the best in this new little adventure! By the way, glad I made you cry with that song! (I cried too!) Isn't it the best, so true and something to remember on those days when you feel like checking yourself into the looney bin! Talk to you soon! Love ya!

Selia said...

Amazing how things turn out! We are just happy to see you guys coming back to AZ for a while. (I know, it really is selfish, but come on...we MISS you guys!) Just hasn't been the same since you left. I'll call you tomorrow.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Yea, congrats! That is so exciting! I'm going to have to come visit. : ) Love ya!

Mandy Stewart said...

Well we are glad you will be a short drive away still. I am proud of Loren and your diligence through the whole process of becoming a Dr. It amazes me what you have to go through. We love you guys. Glad to see you in Mesa for a little while. Let me know if I can help with anything.

The Jerman Family said...

Congratulations!! San Diego will be fun. What a great place to live, a little expensive but a tent on the beach doesn't sound all that bad . . . :-). Anyway, keep in touch and congratulations!!!