Thursday, July 10, 2008

Do I laugh or cry?

These are obviously not my boys, but I believe it is definitely something they are capable of. I had one of those days when you feel like the worst mom in the world. Let's just say I was really struggling at being a married, single mom today. So I thought is was quite funny to find an email from my brother with these pictures. Boys being boys, how appropriate for my day.

























Here are some more fun things from the email...
more interesting things you find out when you have sons, like...
1.) A king size water bed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.
2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite. 3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.
5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.
6.) The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh oh', it's already too late.
8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
9.) A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.
10.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.
11.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.
12.) Super glue is forever.
13.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
14.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
15.) VCR's do not eject 'PB & J' sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
16.) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
17.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
18.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.
19.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.
20.) The fire department in Austin , TX has a 5-minute response time.
21.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
22.) It will, however, make cats dizzy.
23.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
24.) 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.
25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.

5 comments:

Byron and Jana said...

I LOVE IT!! That was so funny! I couldn't go to sleep, so I came out here and I'm so glad I checked your blog cuz that was hilarious and now I can go back to bed a happy girl!! And you can cry now, but someday soon all your worries will just be a memory that you can laugh about! You're an awesome mom...hang in there!!

Mashell Lungren said...

Hey Claire. I didn't know you had any frustrating days! That is so good for me to read. You are a great mom . . . just stick with it. Those boys are lucky to have you.

BRIANA said...

That is hilarious!! I feel for ya on the married single mom deal! Paul hasn't been too crazy busy yet but I know it's going to get a whole lot worse---especially once I have three little rugrats!! Please tell me I will survive?!?

Heidi said...

That is hilarious!!! Soo true! We all have those days thank goodness, I would feel awful if I was the only one!

j. and a. jerman said...

This morning my youngest came to me completely drenched in water from being sprayed by a water bottle...my sweet daughter the perpetrator. I know that doesn't compare to the experiences listed but it's still mid morning here. Being a mom I've realized how impatient I really can be.

This may not mean much to you but my FIL is SO impressed with you and thinks you are a very special person!

It's so wonderful to know that we do have a Heavenly Father who watches over us, and in our moments of weakness, he will wrap his arms around us. Like a mothers love, His love, never ends. You are a fantastic mom!