
A couple of weekends ago, my fabulous Aunt Andrea and her husband Dave came for a visit. Saturday night we went out to dinner at Aladdin. Super yummy food and great kid free conversation. Sunday after church they came over to our house for some homemade chicken pot pie . They surprised us with tons of goodies and new movies from Costco. I used to visit my Aunt every summer during High School, she has always been a blast to be around, and is a great support to my entire family. It is always fun to see them.

My Tyden turned into a finger sucker. This kid never took a binky or sucked his thumb. He did have a blankie that he carried around e v e r y w h e r e. My friend Jana made it for Brigg when he was born but Tyden claimed it as his own has soon as he came around. It was very special to me and Tyden. I even made Loren turn around an hour into our trip home once just to go back for the forgotten blankie. Anyways, sadly I had to end the blankies life after his guts and skin were falling apart and it was beyond anymore repair. When I took it away last August he was fine, but soon he started sucking on his finger. Yuck! A gigantic 3 year old finger sucker. I am soooo not above bribery so I promised him a balloon if he would stop. He didn't or couldn't. I bought that THUMB stuff from the pharmacy and all it took was one taste and he was done. It really helped that it was in the car and I didn't have any water for him to get the bad taste out. How awesome is that? So here is the proof that I do not lie to my children. He got his balloon.
4 comments:
so glad you don't lie to your children....you would have lost your nomination for "mother of the year".....WHEW!
i just noticed in the picture that tyden is holding his woody and squirt gun....classic "tyden" :)
So glad to hear the yucky thumb stuff works....we have a thumb sucker who will be turning three in August...just dont know when to start coating her thumb, her teeth have allready formed to her little thumb...drives me crazy!!!
Graden just started the "I will do it myself phase". EVERYTHING TAKES FOREVER!!!! And if I even touch it he screams!
Post a Comment