Monday, January 11, 2010

Someone is getting old


Yesterday was Loren's birthday. He spent the weekend in Dallas for work so we did not go out or do anything fun. All day Sunday the boys and I talked about how we were going to surprise him when he got home from the airport. He called when he got to his car and the boys turned off the lights right then, so we sat in the dark for the next 10 min.
This man is pretty easy to please yet I never seem to know what to get him. I thought all weekend about a what to cook for him. Seriously, we have been married for 9 plus years and I still don't know what his favorite dinner is. So I made one I know he enjoys and made our favorite raspberry creme dessert that I know he loves.
My goal is to be better at making birthdays more special for the recipient. My parents always gave us one present in bed in the morning. Loren's family has a special birthday plate they get to use all day. I will be better!
Loren is the greatest. The boys go nuts when he walks in the door, and really so do I. I love racing the boys for the first kiss. I am so thankful to be married to such a hard working dedicated man. I don't know what I would do without him. Happy Birthday Hub!

1 comment:

Alli Blue said...

Jason does not really give a hoot about his birthday. I still try to always make him feel special though. It's the little things for men!