For some reason I am not sure how to begin this post, there is nothing wrong I am just so mad that I forgot to take my Camera to Mesa I could kick myself. For the sake of remembering a wonderful Christmas I will just have to let my words minus the pictures do the talking.Before we left for Mesa we managed the traditional picture in front of the tree with our boys, they also opened some presents from Gma and Gpa Idaho so they could play with them in the car on the way over to AZ. We also opened up a new dvd player for the car, because our last one only played in black and white. The first thing Brigg said when we got in the car was "does this thing play in color?" Seriously deprived little boys...
We made it to Mesa just in time to watch all of Loren's brothers and the eggnog challenge. An eggnog challenge is drinking dixie cups full of nog round after round until you throw up. Last one drinking wins. Loren has done this in years past and he even won both times, (so proud!) unfortunately this year we got there too late and the boys were already 18 rounds in. He did not feel like chugging the nog to catch up. This always makes for great laughs and memorable home videos, and yes they watch them over and over again with all the barf scenes in slow motion. Truly creative, try it.
When we asked the boys what they wanted over and over again it never changed for Brigg, he wanted LEGO batman for the Wii. Most recently Tyden wanted a remote control black car and so did Jaxon. They all wanted Legos. I never got the remote control black cars for the little ones because I did not think they were serious and I thought they would be happy when they saw their legos. So when Loren and I were wrapping the gifts on Christmas Adam, you know Christmas Eve's Eve's, He asked me where the black cars were for T and J. He said I would ruin their Christmas if I did not go and find them each a car. So I made him go with me to Walmart, and Walmart saved Christmas! 2 black remote control cars. They were thrilled when they saw the cars, so I am glad that we picked them up, I would have tarnished Santa's reputation.
Saturday morning I got up bright and early and went shopping with my Mom and Sisters in law. Had a blast and spent way to much money, but it sure was fun. While I was out Loren was making the boys lunch (did you notice the time? bright and early thru lunch, long shopping outing.) and Jaxon burnt his fingers on the stove. He was pretty miserable when I got home and fell alseep on my lap with his fingers in a cup of water. When we were putting bandaids on his fingers the next day Tyden wanted one too. I told Tyden that bandaids were for real owies, not just because. At the same time my mother in law said he could have one. I am please to say that Tyden heard my voice and asked Jaxon to bite his finger so he would have a real owie and get a bandaid. Thankfully Jaxon did not actually bite him, and Tyden still got a bandaid.
All is well.
Loren was able to go golfing with his dad and brothers. We were able to meet up with some great friends for dinner and rock band. We took the kids bowling and to the new Alivin and the Chipmunks movie. The boys managed to get grandpa to take them to get pizza at 10:00 at night. They got lots of love and had tons of fun with their cousins. It is so much fun to get together with family, we miss both sides of our families very much. But life must go on.
Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
Oh where to start. Eggnog~Barf. Burned fingers~Suck. Wii~Wicked Fun. Shopping trip~Sweet. Walmart~Love to hate it, hate to love it!
Sounds like fun!
Post a Comment