Monday, January 11, 2010

Testimony builder

Today at the park Tyden lost one of his cars. It fell out of his pocket some where while he was exploring. When it was time to go he realized it was no longer in his pocket. Tears are streaming down his face. I told him to run around and look while I packed up our little babysitting friend and the stuff. Far across the park he is crying and saying that it is lost forever. We have tons and tons of hot wheel cars around our house but for some reason he was very attached and super emotional about not being able to find this particular one. On the way home I told him that after we ate lunch we could go back and look for it. He was still crying and actually cried himself to sleep.
When he woke up he asked if we could go and look. Loren came home for lunch so I recruited his help as well. I told Tyden that he could say a prayer and ask for help. His sweet little prayer said "please help me to know where to find my car."
When we got out of the car Tyden remembered falling down in a spot and thought it fell out then. Loren went that way with Tyden and I went another way. The whole time I am silently saying my own prayer that my little boy will know of Heavenly Fathers love for him, please let us find this car. Not but a moment later I hear Tyden's sweet voice yelling "Mom, Mom...Dad found it! It was right where I thought it was."
Tears instantly filled my eyes as I ran across the park to him. We told Tyden that he should say a prayer and thank Heavenly Father for helping him find his car. I am so thankful that his tender young prayer was answered. I hope he will always remember the day he lost his orange car.

7 comments:

Alison said...

send this story the Friend magazine! It is awesome!

Alli Blue said...

:)

Angie said...

So absolutely sweet. I love it!

Heidi said...

Claire that is a tear jerker! I love that the Lord allows those small miracles even when they are young... There have been a few things like that with the kids and they don't forget them. Glad he found his car!

The Halls said...

What a great story!

Billy and Carolyn said...

What a tender mommy moment!

Mashell Lungren said...

In RS last week the teacher asked us, "How do you know that God lives?" My first thought was, "Because he answers my prayers." This is the first of many testimony builders for little Tiny. Way to go - uou are a great mom!